The end of the fury…

So, at last the wing folding kit for the Hellcat arrived.

Hellcats_13

The last Hellcat Mk.1 looked a little distressed awaiting its wings while waiting in the wings (see what I did there?). But, an astonishingly small time after I paid for them, the wings arrived from China.

IMG_3608 (1)

 

The parts are cast in resin rather than moulded in plastic, so they need a good trim and to be separated from their supports. It is actually quite easy as the resin cuts well. I used superglue to put all the bits together. They are as good as the original plastic for accuracy.

 

IMG_3610

 

So here are the two wings having been cut up, reassembled and finished. I have added the leading door for the undercarriage leg as well. All that is then needed is to paint them up and stick them on.

IMG_3617 (1)IMG_3618 (1)

 

 

 

 

 

 

And thus, tadaaaaahhhh! The fury of Hellcats is complete with the Hellcat Mk.1 that served on HMS Emperor in early 1944.

sea_7

2 thoughts on “The end of the fury…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s